Do you know your minimum rights?Wednesday 26 August, 2020
Your minimum employment rights in NZ. Yes even casual employees can get all these entitlements in most circumstances!
- A safe workplace
- Four weeks’ paid annual holiday per year
- Eleven public holidays per year
- Payment of time and a half for working on public holidays
- Five days’ paid sick leave per annum after first 6 months, and 15 days can be carried over to a maximum of 20 days
- Three days’ paid bereavement leave for certain family members, one day for other people
- Domestic violence leave
- Up to 52 weeks’ parental leave
- Rest and meal breaks must be provided - Rest break must be paid
- Relevant minimum wage must be paid
- Overtime paid at minimum wage per hour
- Payment of wages to be made in cash
- Unpaid leave for jury service
See also: https://www.employment.govt.nz...
If you're not getting any of these, call us now!
- 0800 612 355